Friday 1 July 2011

Summer Cruising

In previous blogs, I mentioned the last two years had been tough going. Thankfully the last six months have been easier but on reflection, I felt older, slower, drained and if brutally honest, overweight (physically and mentally).

Realising I needed stimulation, a month ago I joined a business club and over the last week, I’ve met some of the members individually. It is good to say that growing new relationships, sharing ideas and discussing experiences has genuinely felt encouraging.

Simultaneously, time invested in social media has delivered a positive outlook in the last week. Joining discussion groups over the previous 18-months and discussing the chauffeur trade, has developed a wide network of new associates with huge potential to grow DrivenByQ.

This week has felt just like the good old days and given me a very different perspective. What if the last two years have simply been an intensive learning process? Better still, what if now is the time for a new dawn with a return to enjoyable and fun reasons to run a business? This week, I even dusted down my road bike, managed some cycling and was pleasantly surprised to find I am definitely not past it – not yet anyway!