Wednesday 20 July 2011

Here We Go Again

Is being comfortable in life enough for some people? If you reach a certain goal and life is fine, are you happy to accept there is nothing else left to accomplish?

Running a business can be demanding and if the turnover is steadily increasing, it can be tempting to sit back and happily coast along - just making the odd tweak here and there. This year, we’ve done well and I’m a lot more relaxed. It has probably been the easiest time since starting the company six years ago,

Having some breathing space has been nice but recently, I’ve felt lost and somewhat bored. Surviving a recession and recovering from it has been a valuable learning experience. On reflection it has made me realise what type of person I am. It has questioned what makes me tick, where I find enjoyment and how badly I need a challenge.

Repeating 100% annual growth on turnover like we experienced in the past would probably be incredibly tough, time consuming and very challenging. There again, on the flip side of the coin would it not be inspiring, stimulating and fantastically exciting?