Monday 29 July 2013

Sixth Sense Tuning

We’ve all heard the old cliché - it is more important to work on your business than in it. Over time and especially with the introduction of new business, I have fallen in to the trap of working as a driver rather than a business developer.

In some ways, I expect (and allow) this to happen because new accounts always need drivers. I also find it is beneficial to stabilise our operation before returning to the hunt for more customers.

When I talk to passengers, I am increasingly convinced we need to be developing our ‘culture’ and making it tangible. Until now, we have simply accepted our way of doing things is different.

Maybe it is time to step back from the coal face, get things in perspective and recognise our future is reliant on our brand. What is more the brand is dependent on our culture being embedded in to the very heart of it.