Sunday 12 August 2012

New Opportunities

Earlier this summer I attended a local meeting where the guest speaker was Phil Jones from Brother UK. He mostly spoke about leadership but he also detailed his rise within the company and how some changes in his life led to increased success. I took on board many of his comments.

One thing that particularly interested me was when Phil spoke about himself being the COE rather than the CEO. This stands for Chief Opportunity Engineer. Another thing he added was that, when he stopped trying so hard to make success happen in his life, success had a chance to come and find him.

In the last few weeks, I have been freeing up as much of my time as possible so that I could also create new opportunities. Reflecting back on just this past week alone, there has definitely been a difference in where my time has been spent and it seems more than just coincidence!

I spoke to a number of new drivers who could undoubtedly increase our capacity, I met with my business partners and discussed our future plans, I met with a potential new customer and I saw a long standing customer about creating even more opportunities. Seems all I had to do was make myself available!