Sunday 29 July 2012

Social Nuisance

In a few previous blogs I wrote about our use of social media. It is very good for connecting with people or staying informed. Sooner or later though, you have to question the time it consumes.

We don’t use an agent to manage our social media because nobody knows our company or customers as well as we do. We therefore have to decide which social media channel is best and where any time invested is most beneficial.

In the last couple of years, the industry specific groups on LinkedIn have proved advantageous. They stimulate conversation and challenge long-held beliefs but again, they can be time intensive.

Personally I think LinkedIn is great for building credibility. As from today though, I’m leaving a number of groups and reducing the number of emails I receive. This will free up time and allow me to concentrate on a broader mix of marketing channels.