Sunday 22 July 2012

Personal Space

Rarely do I travel on public transport but this week I took a 45-minute bus trip from a Spanish resort to the city. From the moment I had to run down the street to stop the bus I felt anxious.


As a chauffeur it is easy to forget why a passenger smiles at the end of a journey. You often ask yourself "was it because I missed the pot holes", "was it because I shared local knowledge" or "was it because of the conversation"?

Travelling somewhere new can be an adventure but it can be stressful too. Looking for the right bus at a station; wondering why someone next to you cannot stand-up straight; listening to the music from a teenager's iPod or even wondering if the driver will stop in the right place.

So next time I find my passenger, help with their luggage and guide them to the car I will appreciate why their smile is important. I will remember why local road knowledge is so valued and why a door-to-door service with the option of a friendly chat helps them feel secure.