Sunday 27 November 2011

Route Planning

If you were to go back and read some of my blogs this year, a lot of my time was spent fire fighting. In other words, I was dealing with day-to-day issues that popped up in business. I sometimes think of it as being on board a ship and running around fixing small problems.

In the last few blogs I’ve written about changes we’ve made and that I now have more time and freedom. It has taken time to delegate tasks (like invoicing, payments, driver rotas and customer enquiries) but right now, I absolutely love the fact I’ve got the time to walk up on deck, stand on the bow and take a look around.

So what do I see? Well, looking back there is a finely tuned machine. Our ship (DrivenByQ) is fitted with robust but futuristic technology, our team is incredibly efficient and there are distinguished regular customers on board (in some of the World’s biggest brands). We can justifiably be proud of our achievements so far.

Now if I look out across the sea and think about where we are going, we are ready to venture in to new waters, with new drivers already itching to join (the crew), more customers (or passengers) aware that we are coming and we have enough fuel (cash in bank) to take us on a journey. So the only thing left to do is plot the next stage of our expedition.