Saturday 19 November 2011

Changing Gear

In the last two weeks, we've made some big changes at DrivenByQ. They have been long overdue. My last blog mentioned we’ve been operating with reduced man power for most of this year and it has affected growth. Now that we are back to full strength, we can finally implement some postponed strategic decisions.

A few months ago I wrote another blog about my time with a business coach. The most important issue to come out of this was that my time should be diverted to the tasks where I contribute maximum value to DrivenByQ - such as pursuing new customers, working on promotion and reviewing the business objectively.

My time needed rescheduling but first we had to discuss this as a team and make decisions together. I'm sure any successful manager will talk about the importance of 'buy-in' from their team when introducing changes. Surprisingly we reached a conclusion pretty quick with little debate.

So what have we done? Well, so far we have introduced another full-time driver. My hours on the road have been halved (and condensed), I have greater financial compensation, the marketing budget is in use and a certain spark of enthusiasm has been re-ignited. I wonder which one will have the greatest effect?