Saturday 6 August 2011

Back On Track

Come in. Take a seat. Make yourself comfortable. Would you care for a drink? Ok, so tell me, what is on your mind? What is bothering you? – What if you could change the situation? How would it look then? Would you feel better?

Over the last couple of months, I’ve worked with a business coach to address some concerns surrounding our lack of progress when gaining new business. We had a few sessions before something clicked. It was just like stepping out of a car, looking back down a road and analysing the last few miles of a journey.

I suddenly realised that the brick wall I had been staring at and focussing on was not going to move. Furthermore, it dawned on me that continuing to look forward through the windscreen was not the right solution. Instead, it was simply time to engage reverse, go back to the place I made a wrong turn and continue the original journey.

Sometimes it takes an external pair of eyes to help view a situation differently. Their assistance in gaining new perspective though can be immense. The result is, I’m back on track, back up to speed and not only rediscovering my true passion but also appreciating just how much it means.