Monday 1 October 2018

Four Years Later and I’m Back!


After four years away, I am back at the keyboard returning to blogging. What happened? Well, truth be told, becoming a Dad was a tad more demanding than I thought it would be. Eighteen months of sleepless nights; the obligatory babysitting duties and various illnesses my little boy brought home from nursery all had an effect.

There were numerous colds, coughs and sneezes he passed on, then the viral infections and finally the gift of Chicken Pox (which I never had when younger). This resulted in a trip to A & E in the back of an ambulance when it travelled to my lungs and developed as Chicken Pox Pneumonia. For the uninitiated, this can have a somewhat slightly adverse effect on your breathing!

With my son now in school, I am blogging again with a renewed enthusiasm. So what has changed in the last four years? Personally, as well as becoming a Dad, I tackled a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (otherwise known as an MBA), I had spinal surgery for two herniated discs and business wise, DrivenByQ almost doubled in size.

In the private hire industry, the growth of Uber spawned new case law relating to the gig economy. From this came the Taylor report (with more rules around workers rights). Separately, the National Living Wage and pensions were introduced and new VAT rules appeared. These then triggered a sequence of events which eventually lead to our first ever (brand new) vehicle being purchased.

While it has been hectic, I suppose it has generated lots of blogging material to crack on with. So, watch this space. There is plenty more to come.