Friday 17 May 2013

My Fault, I Did It

Last week I wrote about implementing 5S and bringing problems to the surface. This week we discussed it at our monthly management meeting and it led to a much deeper conversation about our approach to mistakes.

Now, in an ideal world there would never ever be a mistake by anyone, anywhere. However, we are all human and occasionally we have to accept that introducing a new process and growing a business will possibly lead to a mistake occurring.

I personally believe the way we deal with mistakes as individuals and as an organisation is what really makes a difference in our development. It is all too easy to create a blame culture or defensive attitudes.

In contrast, creating an environment where people can hold up their hand and openly admit something went wrong without fear or blame is something I want for DrivenByQ. The reason is ultimately that culture will develop to excellence.