Saturday 20 October 2012

The Numbers Game

Rarely do I feel as if persistence pays off but as I get close to writing blog 100, I feel inclined to take a look at a few numbers. I wouldn’t say they are critical but nonetheless they are a small achievement for me personally.

First off, I’m nearing the prestigious 500 connections on LinkedIn. This has taken me a few years to achieve but I’m proud of the fact I’ve never knowingly accepted an invitation without having meaningfully engaged with the person first.

Next, we have nearly 400 followers on Twitter which is tiny compared to some larger companies but even so, for the relatively small effort we put in it is not too bad I suppose.
We have ‘likes’ on Facebook too but we deal business-to-business so it is not something we take too seriously.

I suppose the only other figure to consider is turnover? I’m not going to disclose it exactly but let’s just say I’m content with a near 20% increase on this time last year.