Sunday 28 August 2011

Shaken Not Stirred

Over the last few weeks I’ve been disruptive! I’ve been challenging too. I’ve even been slightly confrontational. Everyone in our team has known about it because I have examined and analysed our beliefs, values and attitudes, then questioned how genuinely passionate we are about them.

In a recent blog I mentioned working with a professional business coach who helped me rediscover my motivation. On reflection I realised we had lost ground in actualising our business plan. We really needed an injection of new energy and enthusiasm to regain our momentum and start attracting new corporate clients again.

As the Managing Director, I  have re-assumed my position as the person responsible for tackling difficult decisions and I have started shaking things up. The kick start has occurred and I’ve begun by bringing forward future plans that reorganise part of our structure and our culture.

Reorganising before gaining new customers is a risky strategy because it involves cost. Furthermore in the current climate, taking risks is not for the feint hearted. But without such risks or a firm belief that things can change, I don’t think they will! After all, whoever achieved anything great by staying in their comfort zone?