Saturday 15 March 2014

A State Of Mind

Looking back at my blogs from the last year (or two) there is confusion regarding marketing, branding, growth and structure. The truth is, I do not always have the time to sit down and plan what to write or implement in the business – I suppose it is typical of growth when it starts to overtake you. I have to admit, I was not the best at delegating either.

We have been a bit messed up lately at DrivenByQ. Toward the end of 2013, things were starting to take their toll on me after becoming engaged, married and having a baby (which meant becoming a first time Dad); our turnover was growing; we had various projects on the go and in addition I was researching information on Google and VAT.

In December it was clear with the addition to the family things could not continue as they were. It resulted with me taking a trip to A&E and being hooked up to a heart monitor! Luckily the only thing wrong was a severe episode of sleep deprivation! From that point on though, I stopped driving, handed over the reins to my business partners and took a break.

I am glad to say in the last few weeks our baby boy has started sleeping at night and some normality has returned to our lives - I have even done a couple of driving jobs. I have not been completely dormant while off. In fact it has been good to step away and focus on what was important when I first made the decision to enter the executive private hire industry.

In nine years DrivenByQ has grown from nothing to a highly regarded and technically proficient (local) business. Despite being pulled in different directions we have developed. With the benefit of perspective and appreciation for our achievements I think we might be ready for a more structured approach and some very big developments.