Monday 18 February 2013

Knuckling Down

I'm not an economist but from time to time, passengers ask me what business is like and how the economy is doing in the UK? It goes against my three golden rules to discuss politics but occasionally, I share observations.
Last week I was happy to divulge my interpretation of business in the UK. From the conversations I have and the general mood of passengers it seems everyone expresses their market or the economy in general is not growing.

The real drive is for increased market share. By altering market position or offering additional services, businesses are changing and people are travelling to have meetings, make acquisitions, diversify or evolve their strategies.

Last year I noticed the mood was buoyant and upbeat with excitement for new ideas and investment in new projects. This year, the hard work of implementation has begun and without doubt, people are definitely more industrious.